?

Log in

Bitches 'R' Us' Journal

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Sunday, October 18th, 2009
6:18 pm - Petty, but that's how I roll..

dangerous_beans
My husband just bought himself a lifetime account on LOTRO. Yes, we agreed that we would both buy lifetimes this month while they're $199/each instead of $299.

Here's why I'm put out. The Critter has been playing Fallout 3, Call of Duty 4 & 5, Left 4 Dead, Battlefield 2 and various other shooters _instead_ of any RPG games including lotro. I have a level 60 because lotro is one of two games I play, Left 4 Dead being the other. When it's installed I play Battlefield, but my (Critter's secondhand) computer decided to blow it's shit a few months ago and I don't have enough space for three games.

I'm just really cheesed that he got a lifetime subscription to a game that he plays far less often than I do, before I did. I have to wait 'til the next pay period because I don't want to load up the credit card all at once.


I'm also going to see _Where the Wild Things Are_ with a good friend that happens to be male. The Critter has decided that he wants to see this movie, too, even though when I initially mentioned it he had NO INTEREST 'til BDA (Big Dumb mAnimal - which is actually a lie 'cause BDA is a remarkably intelligent individual) was coming to see it with me.



Ugh. There's also enough of a bitch about my stupid body deciding to do it's annual "I'm allergic to your wedding ring!" bit where it involves an oozing red band where my ring rests. Admittedly last time this happened it was my fault 'cause silver and gold and salt-water make a cool chemical/electric reaction that hurts a bit.

GRRRR. I'm going to watch a movie and eat twizzlers.

current mood: cranky.

(comment on this)

Thursday, November 22nd, 2007
7:48 am - ASSHOLE. Just clean up after yourself once in a while.

dangerous_beans
I've spent the better part of two weeks re-box training my ShitCat. Chris has taken him downstairs maybe twice and hasn't given him praise or a treat when Icarus used the box.

(Long story short - Kittenboy stopped using the box and would use the floor around the box. And if he saw Chris packing to leave on a business trip, he'd piss on the bed (Chris' side. Good kitty...) which resulted in me nearly killing the beasty. He got snipped on the 5th and I've been kenneling him and bringing him down to the box, then leaving him out and bringing him down to the box, then two days ago he started only being kenneled at night and was doing fine).

Anywhichway, I'd asked Chris to clean the boxes a couple of days ago when I noticed they were getting full. Normally this would be done on Sunday, but we had neither the litter nor the inclination to clean up still more stuff because I cooked Thanksgiving for Saturday.

I'm so angry that my jaw hurts from gritting my teeth.


It should have been just that I was annoyed about the cat shitting on the floor because the box was full and you said "I'll clean it up tonight after you bring cat litter home", which I did and you didn't, and has since escalated to "Just fucking clean up after yourself once in a while."

I'm guilty of sloth. I'll leave soda cans on the coffee table or I'll let dishes go for a day or two. But I've been doing ALL the damn work around here lately, especially Thanksgiving dinner and the resulting clean-up, while he got to spend his time being social and drinking and I'm tired of it. I'm getting kind of worried about actually getting a full-time job and still having a full-time job picking up after* Chris and the cats.


THEN when I called after he'd left the house to ask him not to kill himself because he was pissed at me, he hung up on me. Horse turds if you do kill yourself then. I'll go back to the States where I can work and not be in this godforsaken cold, flat land.

And he flips out if I gun the gas pulling out of the driveway and away from the house when I'm pissed. Hypocrite.



*Edited to add the word since I posted before proofing.

current mood: livid.

(comment on this)

Sunday, August 26th, 2007
8:24 pm - Stereotypically female though nagging is, I truly HATE having to resort to it to get anything done.

dangerous_beans
I have the memory of a sieve. Sometimes I need you to repeat something because I've forgotten. Sometimes (frequently) I ask you to repeat something because I was off in la-la land and heard "My Dad wears pantyhose" when what you said was "Think we should buy a hose?" or something equally absurd. Sometimes I've heard what you've said and choose to procrastinate instead of doing it right now.

Chris earns the money because I'm waiting on paperwork. So to balance this out, I do most of the household chores. We alternate cooking because neither of us is especially good at it, but I'm starting to do that more often as well.

So why is it, the _ONE_ chore that I consistently ask/tell/require him to do, change the cat litter, I have to nag and nag and nag and start doing it myself which results in being sick to my stomach and pissed off? It's one damn chore, once a week so that _I_ can take the garbage out to be collected.



ARGH. ARGH. I should go check to see if he's at least changed the water to finish mopping the floor around the boxes.

current mood: I hate nagging. ARGH.

(comment on this)

Friday, August 3rd, 2007
6:52 am - Ok, can someone explain the Bizarro universe in which men exist to me?

sirriamnis
Ok, you all know I don't buy into this whole "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" bullshit. We're all human monkeys who have been socialized differently, but at heart have the same motivations.

That said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone explain to me why it is easier to precariously perch laundry on top of the dryer instead of dropping it in the empty basket already sitting there, waiting for said laundry?

Also, once your wife, who has locked her keys in the blazer before, tells you that it is impossible to slim jim said blazer (I've had a cop and several tow company and lock guys try), why would you try? Which then fucks up the window. And even better, get mad at her for being annoyed (not even angry, just annoyed) with you for it? Particularly when she asks you why you did it after she'd told you it couldn't be slim jim-ed, and your response is, "Well, I HAD to try."

THEN, oh wait there's more, when you know the window is fucked up (off its brackets), why would you roll it down to have a smoke, and when it didn't roll back up (big surprise), take your hands off the wheel to try to fix it? Oh, and did I mention we were doing about 50 on a stretch of 405 with no shoulders, on the outside lane? In the rain?

And THEN get mad at her for yelling at you for nearly killing the two of you?

In what universe is this ok?


Going to set him on fire. I swear.

current mood: cranky

(comment on this)

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007
8:51 pm - I'm reminded of that Olympic Gold Condoms joke...

dangerous_beans
Yeah. He came in first.

(I'm only slightly (in a big, big, angry angsty hateful way) pissy because of that.

current mood: distinctly unsatisfied

(comment on this)

Friday, January 19th, 2007
8:09 am - So I slept on the couch last night...

dangerous_beans
Mickey reminded me this journal exists _just_ for such a purpose! To bitch about my dearest, darling, sweetheart C. I slept on the couch last night because I could not stand to be in the same room with his own sweet self.

I'm not really sure what happened. I know what I'm stressed about and we talked about that a couple of days ago during his lunch hour, but of course nothing got done. And nothing will get done until I have to actually leave.

Leaving may end us. And he doesn't seem to either see this, care, or truly believes it will just be another hurdle to get over. I'm bleeding tired of jumping hurdles. For two and a half years the hurdle was distance, and then long-distance. Now it's waiting on red-tape, or for both sets of parents to be able to watch us get married, or gods only know what the fuck is next and I'm so tired of hurdles.

Oh yeah. Brief summary:
-I moved to Canada on November 17th.
-I'm here on the 3 month visitor's pass wherein you don't need a visa or other paperwork.
-I supposedly had a job waiting for me (and it is, if the boss ever gets off his ass and contacts anyone to cut the red tape).
-I'm homesick and have no place of my own to go back to - my family changed my bedroom into a den.
-I thoroughly fucking loathe winter and the lack of sunlight. When I got here there were maybe 6.5 hours of daylight and that's including twilights. And only if the day wasn't already grey.


Living with Chris is on the one hand, wonderful. I love him and I'm glad I'm finally here. And on the other hand, it's so much harder than I thought it would be. I'll admit it I'm the harder one to live with. It's taken/taking a long time to feel settled, and something happens to get my back up and I'll be a snarling bitch because of it. It doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's a reality or only in my head.

And I still don't know why I was the one that slept on the uncomfortable couch. Should've taken the bed and let him take the couch.

current mood: bitchy.

(3 comments | comment on this)

Monday, April 24th, 2006
1:41 am - Grrr. Argh.

dangerous_beans
I don't mind arguing with Chris when we have differing opinions. Sometimes it's more often than others. He's got some extremely traditional core values and I'm a dirty hippie. (Although, really, personality-wise he's far more laid back than I am. Thoroughbred ain't got nothin' on the high-strung I can and have pulled.)

That being said, it makes me madder'n hell when I've opined about one of the myriad of differences, and realize I should've been standing with him. I'm not impressed when people take advantage of our different points of views in an attempt to coerce him (or myself) into agreement with them. I may not always agree with his way of thinking, but I will not tolerate anyone trying to manipulate him.

It just makes me want to choke a couple of people for being immature and taking their personal drama to (depending on the point of view) an additional two, potentially three others. It's not any of my business, it's not Chris' and I'm pissed that this was an attempted wedge because he and I have different opinions and reactions. I can understand said couple's (exes, to be honest) wanting justification for their opinions - both valid. BUT to assume that I won't back my first priority, my lover up even if we disagree? I just don't get that.

How the hell do said people get off on assuming that we're divided if we don't agree. Even if we don't agree, personally, I will trust his judgement and he trusts mine. And it makes me livid when people make like ducks and peck at him.

current mood: royally ticked off

(comment on this)

Tuesday, November 15th, 2005
11:30 pm - The conclusion has been reached that the boy is a jerk.

dangerous_beans
I'm sure after ranting about him for a little while and then sleeping I'll feel differently tomorrow. But for tonight he's the world's biggest dorkjerk. The bug that crawled up his ass apparently was a stick-bug that morphed into the BIG GIANT TREE BUG OF DOOOOOM!

We got into a really petty argument at the end of the night (Just a few minutes ago 'cause he had to go to work) after he helped me fix my computer. Sort of. Here.

Beginning at the beginning, I had jury duty today, came home and saw his Mom was online. We talked about Christmas and stuff, while I was on the phone with the boy. She makes me laugh, because, well, she's a lot like me in that she things presents should be surprises and not necessarily practical. Chris is... very precise and practical. He has a hard time thinking up surprises. Which means he's very good with machines and computers.

Herein is the rub. I'm not. Like, at all. It took me _months_ to figure out LJ cut tags/security etc. So he offered, to help me fix my recently repaired computer. I would have eventually been able to do or/just done it when I got tired of MSIE crashing and dealing with an old version of messenger. I can do it, it just takes me a while to adapt to computer changes. I get impatient when he tries to help because he knows what he's doing and expects ME to, when I have a deep-seated loathing for machines which makes HIM impatient because he's "helping" me and I should know what he's talking about.

So I got snappy because something didn't work. He heaved a sigh and said "I should have known I would get this reaction from you." ... Excuse me now? Who asked for help? No, I didn't. Made me even more fun to deal with (I really feel bad for tech support people. I mean if I behave this badly with my sweetheart who I love and respect (and currently want to throttle)... they must get some pretty rank calls). Instead of letting me take my own sweet time to get my icons and my browser and my instachat programmes to MY specs, he offered to help. And then got snappy at me for reacting exactly the same way I always react to this particular stimulus. I even remembered to thank him for his help this time, because he did help.

"So I'm kind of wondering what bug crawled up your ass and died, because I'm not sure exactly what happened that caused to you be snappy with me. Did I say something to Donna that you think I shouldn't have? Or is it just because you had to deal with me dealing with computers, because if it was that, I would have eventually gotten the icons to be as I wanted."

Which got a reaction of "I didn't know I was being snappy." *blink* You... didn't know that you were being snappy when you called me back up after the bug comment to ask me what my problem was? Or when you got all huffy and "I should've known..." or when you said "Right." in the tone of voice that closes down any sort of civil communication on my end? That's unknowing?

I'm not sure if I want to kick him in the shin or laugh. I'm guilty of acting passive-aggressive like this. It's just that I'm such quicksilver in moods and reactions that by tomorrow this will have been resolved to my satisfaction and it'll be days before Chris is finished processing whatever is bugging him. Hopefully it won't mutate into a tree. And until I wake up tomorrow morning, he's still a jerk. *grin*

(comment on this)

Wednesday, October 5th, 2005
8:47 am - Ok, I have proof this time.

sirriamnis
So, its PMS week. Boy knows this, because Boy checks out my pill package in the mornings.

Last night, Boy picks me up from gym, seeming out of sorts, but says he's fine. We go to the comicshop for gaming. I say, "Can I send you to the sandwich shop with money?"

In response I get, "So I get to sit by myself in the sandwich shop gee, great."

I say, "Ok, fine I'll go with."

We get there and I get to hear ALL ABOUT how INCONSIDERATE and SELFISH of me it was to ASK him if he would go to the sandwich shop by himself.

I didn't tell. I didn't demand. I asked. And when he said no, I went with him with no grumbling.

"You're ALWAYS inconsiderate and thoughtless during PMS week."

What? I'm sorry, I asked if you would be ok going to the sandwich place alone, then went with you when you snapped at me that it wouldn't, and I'M the inconsiderate one? Then I get to sit there on the bench waiting for our order, and listen to you berate me and tell me how awful I am for ASKING you if you'd be ok doing something I do damn near every week we game, which is going to the sandwich shop alone and I'M the inconsiderate one?

WTF?

I finally lost my temper and said, "Oh, you're right, I didn't say 'please.' I guess you got me there. I'm an inconsiderate twat."

Fuck, seriously, you can ask Bitobear (the roomie) EVERY FUCKING MONTH the Boy uses my PMS as an excuse to be shitty, mostly to me, but not always. I can be sitting there and ask a reasonable question and Boy will fly off the handle, and blame it on my having PMS, because apparently, "Could you please dish me up some potatoes?" has an unspoken "You dick" attached that no one but him can hear. Roomie has actually commented on it when Boy left the room in a huff. I believe the last time it happened Roomie's comment was, "WHO has PMS?"

I'm just sick and tired of being accused of things I didn't actually do, because HE'S oversensitive and bitch-like.

current mood: annoyed

(comment on this)

Tuesday, May 24th, 2005
3:36 pm - 1 decade down. 3 or 4 but with my luck 5 more to go.

dangerous_beans
being female. ugh. happy birthday a day early.

current mood: death (dooom)

(comment on this)

Thursday, November 18th, 2004
8:11 pm - Watertower. Long gun. Scope.

dangerous_beans
First: I do something _nice_ for my asshole brother by bringing him into work so he's not late. Nothing hateful about that, in fact given the fact I went 10 minutes out of my way for drive time and 30 minutes out of my way work-time, I think it was pretty generous since I don't like the guy.

Second: I had to do callbacks at work. Something I loathe, but hey, it's not always so bad. Until I get this bitter, bitter, horrid old man. I know profanity in a whole lotta languages, considering I'm not fluent in any (including English! meh), but I don't know near enough to accurately describe what a waste of humanity this guy was. 1) He was verbally abusive to two of the newbs at work, when I was being Miss Customer Service, he was rude. 2) Enough so that my instant reaction was "When you die you bitter old son of a bitch, NOBODY is going to miss you." I typically over-react, see below. I don't have near enough language prowess to show how hateful this man was.

Third: Paul (see the first) asked if I'd bring him into town. I told him this morning that I didn't know, I'd see how I was feeling after work. CS stuff is hard, it's the busiest time of the year for the company, the season changing makes me tired and want to hibernate (or alternately pick people off with a high power rifle). And finally at any given time I'm worrying about 15 different things and I'm stressed. So when I said "No" this evening about bringing him in, he asked if he could use my car. Against my better judgement I let him, I caved. He's now been gone over an hour and a half. Poultney is 15 minutes away - He has had more than enough time to get there, cash his cheque, buy gas and be back.

Fourth: His fucking girlfriend called. She and her wastes of sperm are some of the not-few people who I'd like to pick off. With her I'd make it as painful as possible. I'd like to use something that shoots shrapnel.

Fifth: Someone who for years had been a friend, I considered him old-world Southern gent, emailed me with a sort of apology. Why? He didn't actually say. Why should he have? Because a couple of months back I had a day worse than today, it was verging on so bad I would _NOT_ have been surprised to find out my mother had been in a fatal car accident. I would've had to kill myself after that news, but fortunately I over-react and think the worst when I'm having a pitiful excuse for a day. Anyway, yeah, just one of those really horrible days where the last thing on earth one needs to hear is "Oh. You're being female."
... So no, he didn't apologize for being a chauvinistic MALE, but he did manage to make today just slightly that much less charming.

I don't limit my hate to just males, really I don't. See comment about Tina and her fucking monster children. They're such awful brats that no-way I'm going to insult Satan by saying they're his. (Plus, c'mon, y'gotta think he's pretty smart and has a shit-load of pride. All the powers of hell and he couldn't do better than Tina? Gimme a fucking break.)

current mood: High. Powered. Rifle. NOW!

(2 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, September 21st, 2004
10:49 am - I'd miss them... but my aim is getting much better.

dangerous_beans
I love my boy. I didn't mean to fall for him, and gods know I/we could've dealt without the shit that's happening at the beginning of the relationship. 'Specially since it's a long distance with the Canadian border between us thing.

I'm really getting fucking sick and tired of people asking me if/when I'm going to leave, though. Chris has done this too, and last night I reacted badly. *grin* No regrets about that, I'm still fuming.

I warn people that I have the attention span of a goldfish and that I'm not dependable. Which is why I understand the questioning of my staying. But on the opposite hand, the people who've questioned have known me for years and have seen that I do, in fact, stick around through hard times.

Fed up with this bullshit. I'm not planning on leaving. Not because he lost his job, not because I have to put more effort than I'm comfortable with in, not because I'm a goldfish. I love and like this man. There aren't a lot of people I can say that about.

I'm finding myself more pissed that it seems to be my integrity and loyalty that's in question, rather than my long-hauledness.

current mood: bitchy

(3 comments | comment on this)

Monday, June 28th, 2004
10:45 am - Could someone please explain why...

sirriamnis
...it is ok for him to wake me up in the middle of my already fragile sleep schedule to chat when he gets home at 3am, but I am a villian if I ask him to get up and drive me to work in the morning so I can desperately attempt to reclaim some of the lost sleep?

current mood: annoyed

(comment on this)

Monday, June 14th, 2004
3:44 pm - Minor Bitches

sirriamnis
I didn't realize first come first served meant that YOUR FRIENDS got first dibs and the rest of us peons no matter who quickly we got in our choices, got left with the dregs.

Ok, you gave me your cell phone number to contact you. You say in the email that I get long after the fact, that you don't have my number. Knowing that I DO have your number, wouldn't it dawn on you to either answer your fucking cell phone or at least check your messages, wherein I left my number.

If a doctor won't LET me tag the new equipment, how am I supposed to fill out the inventory sheet?

I need a nap. I'm cranky.

current mood: aggravated

(comment on this)

Wednesday, June 9th, 2004
12:12 pm - Must. Resist. Urge. To. Drama.

sirriamnis
Must not rise to bait of drama-swirl.

Must not go off on self-important asshole.

Must not have a beat down on the street in front of the club.


GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Fucking! Fucking! Fucking! Fuck!!!!!!!!

current mood: pissed off

(1 comment | comment on this)

Wednesday, February 11th, 2004
9:57 am - What is wrong with these specimans?

dangerous_beans
Is this just my experience or is this something that's happened with y'all as well?

The favourite boy friends in your life just go Really Fucking Stupid on you. No notice, roughly within a week of each other and it lasts for a few days. If they can blame me having a bad day on PMS whether or not I actually have it, I can blame their stupidity on some greater cycle.

I don't think I'm being completely irrational, I'm tired yes, but I've had a couple of good (albiet short) sleeps.

The three guys don't even know each other and it's like they all got bit by the same bug that mutates stupidity and insults together and lasts about as long as the common cold.

Has this happened to anyone else?

current mood: amused and annoyed

(2 comments | comment on this)

Tuesday, January 20th, 2004
8:26 am - PMS

sirriamnis
Do you ever feel like men use PMS as an excuse to be shittier than normal to us, so they can write off our reaction as hormones?

(1 comment | comment on this)

Sunday, October 19th, 2003
7:48 pm - My next job will have NOTHING to do with men.

sirriamnis
Ok, so I'm dreaming. But I would like ONE part of my life to NOT involve men. Not cosseting, taking care of, organizing, babying, treading around the feelings of or otherwise putting up with men.

I am so exhausted from dealing with this shit.

I really need a vacation.

current mood: aggravated

(1 comment | comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com